Drug-Free and Holistic Neck Pain Treatment At Utah Spine & Accident Clinic in West Jordan, UT
At the Utah Spine & Accident Clinic, our West Jordan chiropractor team doesn't believe in just healing the problem—we believe in healing the person experiencing the health problem. By providing a drug-free, "whole person" approach to care, our patients experience effective symptom relief and greater overall improvements in well-being. Such an approach is particularly helpful for neck pain treatment.
Causes of Neck Pain—And What May Be Putting You at Risk For Developing It
While slightly more common in women, both men and women of all ages may experience neck pain, which is often caused by:
- Whiplash: this syndrome can lead to a stiff achy neck along with headaches, jaw pain, ringing in the ears, difficulty sleeping, and shoulder and arm pain; it develops when the neck forcefully snaps back and forth
- Tech neck: temporary neck stiffness and pain caused by excessive bending over a phone or computer; this may increase your risk of degenerative disc disease, disc bulge or herniation, and other chronic problems
- Stenosis: narrowing of the bony canals through which nerves travel (cervical nerve compression can cause numbness, pain, weakness, and tingling in an arm or hand)
- Facet joint lock and other cervical joint misalignments
Your risk for developing neck pain may increase due to risk factors like poor posture (in a variety of functional positions and activities), smoking, age, weak core, female gender, family history, acute trauma, and repetitive movement (especially overhead).
As mentioned, neck pain is often associated with or worsened by psychological stress, as well. Feeling stressed out can impair your sleep and may cause you to seek out unhealthy coping mechanisms such as mindless eating (especially of sugary, pro-inflammatory foods), smoking, drinking, and so on.
Why Chiropractic Care is Effective Neck Pain Treatment
Research shows chiropractic care can reduce the risk of long-term neck pain following auto accidents and other injuries. Our neck pain treatment often is individualized and includes services like:
- Corrective exercises to heal and improve endurance in cervical muscles as well as improve core strength and stability to provide your neck a more stable base from which to function
- Chiropractic adjustments realign cervical joints and relieve tension and pain
- Massage therapy promotes both physical and mental stress relief, increases circulation, and breaks up painful adhesions and muscle spasms
Even orthotics may improve neck pain by restoring optimal alignment in the entire musculoskeletal system and reducing forward head and neck strain.
Need a Chiropractor? Get Holistic Help at the Utah Spine & Accident Clinic in West Jordan, UT